Essential Boating 101
Perhaps you’re new to boating…..or, thinking of buying a boat. Maybe you are interested in the boating lifestyle but would like to know more. Whatever your boating needs – the Yacht and Boat Resources section is the ideal place to get your feet wet. You’ll find detailed information on a wide variety of boating subjects to set you on course for fun times!
Click on the headings below to go to your chosen area of interest…
Our Yacht & Boat News section contains comprehensive and interesting articles from new product releases & updates, to important weather and government announcements. Why not subscribe to the Yacht and Boat News Feed via Google, Feedburner or your own RSS tool.
Find comprehensive information on getting a boat licence – in all States of Australia. If you need a boat license – this is the place to start!
One of Yacht and Boats special areas of focus. In this section you’ll find information on boating safety equipment & accessories, special boat safety tips and the lawful boating safety requirements for all recreational boats & watercraft in Australia.
A glossary of sailing and boating terms from A to Z. If you’ve ever wondered what the more obscure yachting and boating terms were – try our boating terminology page.
The Yacht and Boat Boating Information section is full of helpful – even vital – information regarding a variety of boating and watercraft topics such as:
- Getting Started – Some easy ways to get into boating
- Choosing a Boat – Factors to consider when selecting the type of boat to buy
- Boat Buying Tips – Great tips from the experts to help you buy the right boat with confidence
- Boat Registration – Register your boat – in any State of Australia.
- Boat Security – Some simple steps to protect your newest (or oldest) asset.
- Charts, Maps & Tides – Boating maps, tidal charts and off shore navigational charts for Australian waters.
- Environment – This section can help reduce your impact on the marine environment.
- Boat Ramp Etiquette – Spare boaters embarrassment when launching and retrieving watercraft.
Travel, Fishing and Boating Articles
Get the rundown on the hotest travel destinations, the best fishing tips and the most interesting boating topics.
Yes there are even recipes for you to try! All our boating recipes are easy to prepare on any type of boat or yacht and are broken into two categories for easy reference – Cook your Catch (for all seafood based recipes) and Onboard Entertaining for everything else. Don’t miss our blog by ‘mystery chef’ – The Cabin Fever Cook™ where you’ll discover important food preparation, handling and hygiene tips that could spare you and the crew from a day over the side.
Our weather forecast tool makes it quick and easy for you to check the latest boating weather – simply by typing in your postcode. Whether you’re heading out for a day on the water or a day in the park the Yacht and Boat weather centre gives you the forecast – fast!
Review past boat shows and find the latest boat shows in Australia and around the world.