Once again, Mercury Marine has stamped its leadership in marine engine technology with the release of its new 150 hp FourStroke EFI outboard engineFind out more
Mercury dealers team up with PSP Engineering
PSP Engineering has teamed up with Mercury dealers across Australia to better market its specifically engineered Surfspec engine rescue kits designed for the 25 and 30 hp Mercury outboards.
PSP is no stranger to working with Mercury Marine – there being a similar relationship in New Zealand, with Mercury outboard engines used exclusively by Surf Lifesaving NZ.
The Surfspec engine rescue kits have been designed, developed and refined over many years and thoroughly tested at Piha Beach, one of New Zealand's most notorious beaches.
“It was a logical step to broaden our market exposure and provide an alternative for Australian surf lifesaving clubs looking for a quality Surfspec kit supplier," said Brent Griffiths, PSP Engineering's General Manager.
The PSP kits have a number of unique benefits over and above other products available in the market.
In particular their transom brackets are CNC-machined (computer-based machining) for maximum strength in the harsh environment of marine rescue. These transom brackets are manufactured from aluminium plate 6061, making inferior cast brackets completely redundant.
PSP Engineering's Surfspec engine rescue kits come with all the required components, including 316 stainless steel clamp spinners, compression tube and all nyloc nuts and screws. The one-piece extended pull start is moulded from black polyurethane and the engine mounts are polyethylene.
All PSP Surfspec engine rescue kits also come with a comprehensive checklist and complete installation instructions. But the kits can be easily installed onto the Mercury outboards by PSP's appointed dealers – all who specialise in supporting the surf lifesaving movement throughout the world.
PSP Engineering prides itself on its excellent service history and can supply complete kits extremely quickly.
The following Mercury dealers are all now official PSP Engineering suppliers.
- Thundercat Inflatables Rob Thomas 07 5520 6888
- Nitro Marine Michael Waugh 07 5532 5812
- Cunningham’s Marine Bruce Cunningham 07 3284 2342
- Northcoast Boating David Boulton 07 5493 9376
- Tweed Coast Dan Andrews 07 5524 8877
NEW SOUTH WALES
- Ken Bullen Marine Ken Bullen 02 9913 3522
- Leisure Coast Glen Clarke 02 4284 4803
- Disco Marine Jason Disson 02 6643 1199
- Phillip Island Marine Scott Huther 03 5956 9238
- Triple M Marine Mark or Fernando Licorni 03 9465 8787
- Baymarine Brian Andrews 03 9772 1800
- Wes Frost Marine Wes Frost 03 5976 4622
- Adelaide Shores Marine Dennis Carger 08 8295 8000
- Hodge Marine George Bell 08 8347 1600
- Channel Marine Adrian McNally 03 6267 1456
- Aquasports Marine Nick or Lino Di Toro 08 9250 3339
Midway Marine Jim or Warwick Rann 08 9527 6963