BBQ Seafood Salad
Best Barbecued Seafood Salad - Serves 4
8 Raw bugs
1 kg Large green Prawns
500g Baby Squid tubes, cleaned
1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
5 tablespoons lemon juice
120g rocket leaves
1 cos lettuce
50g baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 small chilli, chopped finely
1. Remove bug heads and discard, then split bug tails into half lengthwise leaving shells on. Peel prawns leaving the tail intact remove dark veins. Wash squid tubes and pat dry with paper towel, cut small slit in base of tube so that they open up when cooking.
2. Mix oil, garlic, basil and lemon juice in a large bowl, add seafood and toss making sure it is well coated in this mix, cover and refrigerate for 20-30 mins .
3. Toss salad leaves together with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. In a small bowl mix lime juice and chopped chill set aside.
4. Heat both solid and bbq chargrill plates to a high heat,on grill cook bug for 4-6 minutes or until shells turn pink and flesh starts pulling away from shell. Add prawns to flat hotplate and cook for 3- 4 mins, add squid to grill plate and cook for 1 min each side or until just cooked through. Remove seafood from bbq.
5. Arrange dressed salad leaves on a serving plate, in the centre of plate pile barbecued seafood and drizzle with chilli and lime dressing serve immediately with fresh crusty bread on the side.
Thank you - J. Harlow